Nature is playing a rather large role in my 5 Things that brought me joy this week. I’m assuming it’s because it’s now September and fall is on the way (though it certainly hasn’t felt like it yet).
This week Doug and I took a couple of walks down by the lake. It’s been gorgeous weather in the evenings and I find that the walking and the company help me to relax.
The sunset was so beautiful the other night with the pinks, and the sound of the waves. It’s a perfect recipe to help me pause and unwind.
I made Doug and I a picnic lunch one day this week. Nothing too fancy just some sandwiches, water and a fruit salad for desert. Doug here apparently has it in for the bananas.
This is probably an eccentricity of mine, but oh my goodness I LOVE freshly laundered sheets. It feels so cozy and clean hopping into bed on the day that you wash your sheets. This definitely brought me some joy this week.
The two books that I’m reading next. Truthfully, I’m a little on the fence about Modern Lovers, but I’m going to give it a go and see. I’m excited for The Happiness Project because I really enjoy the podcast. My friend Meiling got me onto it.
As always my 5 Things is inspired by Cupcakes and Cashmere, which you should definitely check out!
I have recently started getting into Podcasts. Some of the ones that I’ve started listening to are:
- #Girlboss Radio – I loved the book #Girlboss (and my review is here)
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin – A friend of mine recommended this one to me, and I find it really interesting, and also a little kick in the ass to stop and enjoy the things around me.
- Monocle 24: The Stack – This one I stumbled across because I enjoy Monocle and it’s about books “the world of print.”
Ones that I’m thinking about starting to listen to are:
- The Paper Year – A podcast about the first year of marriage. Not that I’m anywhere near there but it seems interesting.
- The Lively Show – I was told about this one from Monica from The Elgin Avenue and thought I would check it out. (Monica also has a great blog btw)
Now because I’m me, I have some questions about podcasts for you. Firstly, where do you listen to your podcasts? When you’re commuting? Exercising? Cleaning? I’m finding it hard to listen to them mostly because I have a hard time just finding the time to sit down and listen. I can’t be doing anything else really that requires serious concentration because then I’m not really listening to the podcast. So where do you listen to them?
My second question is what kind of podcasts are you listening to? Do you have favourites? I’m always interested in seeing what else is out there.